Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The best thing that has happened in my life

By Angel

Macau v KyrgyzstanWhen I was 15, I met Opus Dei. One day my childhood friend invited me to play futsal (indoor football).

There they taught me to deal with God, learning habits of piety little by little. Later it was in my hands to love God or not-- the freedom to choose, the same that I have now. Through time, we are learning. We learn -- we should-- but I am sure that we will continue committing errors.

The best thing that has happened in my life is to have known Opus Dei. After that, it was myself, myself alone, who has gone into all the muddied pools possible. No one else deserves the blame for my decisions.

Spanish original: Con quince años ..conocí el Opus Dei. Un amigo mío, desde casi la cuna, me invitó un día a jugar al fútbol sala. Allí me enseñaron a tratar a Dios, poco a poco fui adquiriendo hábitos de piedad. Luego siempre ha estado en mis manos la capacidad de quererle o no, la libertad de elegir, la misma que tengo ahora. Con la edad vamos aprendiendo, aprendemos -más nos vale-, pero seguro que seguiremos cometiendo equivocaciones.
De lo mejor que me pasado en mi vida ha sido conocer la Obra. Después he sido yo, yo solito, el que se ha metido en todos los charcos posibles. Nadie se merece las culpas de mis decisiones.

From: http://miblogdetodo.blogspot.com/2007/07/en-voz-alta.html

No comments: