Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Opus Dei has made me more fun-loving and strong

By aea in Catholic Answers Forum

I've read a number of St. Josemaria's works and find that they show excellent Christian spirit. The only concern about Opus Dei (and I'm not a member) was their history of cold showers. But alas, not everyone has taken a cold shower, and I think that practice may have been discarded.[N.B. Some members took cold showers at a certain point in Opus Dei history, specifically some Spanish members. Not all members practiced it, and there never was any rule set by the founder that obliges all members to practice it.]

I know a numerary in Opus Dei and he is full of humor; Christ had a faith that was life-affirming, and I know my encounters with Opus Dei spirituality have cemented and reaffirmed my faith, not to mention make me more fun-loving, strong and self-disciplined.

No comments: