Sunday, September 6, 2009

Experience of recruitment in Opus Dei

By Austin Ruse in Catholic Light (Not Catholic Lite). September 6, 2009 8:23 PM. This is the last post in a series of posts on how recruitment is done in Opus Dei and in the Legion of Christ.

I am a Supernumerary in Opus Dei. Here is how it happened. Over the course of years I attended spiritual direction with Opus Dei members, attended evenings of recolletion and cooperator circles and all this and no one ever asked me to join!

Finally, after many years of this, I was having a drink with a Supernumerary who was and is a very good friend and i said this to him, "Pat, I have been hanging out with you Opus Dei guys for years and years and not once have any of you asked me to join. Is there something wrong with me?"

He almost spit out his drink laughing and said, "Consider yourself asked."

These are the high-pressure tactics I experienced!

Best to all!

Austin

No comments: