Monday, June 4, 2007

I have known Opus Dei for about 30 years

By Betsy of Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

I have known Opus Dei for about 30 years, and find it to be a source of the very finest formation. I have received an amazing formation in the teachings of the Church, and fabulous spiritual direction from the priests. The thing that impresses me the most is the good common sense that runs through everything. They teach the straight truth, without being either lax or scrupulous, liberal or conservative. There's also a wonderful loyalty to the Holy Father and the Church, without trying to be "more Catholic than the Pope."

Members and non-members alike receive education in the truths of our faith, wonderful spiritual direction and a good healthy dose of common sense. There are people I know who on their own, might tend toward some kind of extremism, but with the benefit of the formation they receive from Opus Dei, they have been prevented from moving into - how shall I say it - nuttiness.

Taken from: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=121317&highlight=opus+dei
Also from: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=172127

No comments: