Monday, August 24, 2009

Women of Opus Dei: I greatly enjoyed it

By Serendipity in Catholic Answers Forum

I recently read "Women of Opus Dei," and greatly enjoyed it. Highly recommend it to women and men who want to know more about Opus Dei from real people living in the world today.

I am very appreciative of all that Opus Dei offers the Catholic community at large, especially evenings of recollection and spiritual direction, irrespective of whether people are Opus Dei.

Currently, I always carry "Friends of God," a collection of Fr. Escriva's homilies around with me, to use it for spare moments of reflection during the day. Thus far, I have found all the writing of Opus Dei members to be extremely erudite and edifying, culling wisdom from the cream of all Catholic spirituality: Scripture, Fathers of the Church, popes, saints, and hallmarks from all Catholic spiritual perspectives - Carmelites, Franciscan, Benedictine, Dominican, Jesuit ect.

I am presently discerning whether I have a vocation as an associate or numerary.

No comments: