Friday, August 7, 2009

I never knew a little book would be so powerful

In My Chocolate Heart

God bless the dear bloggy friend who recently introduced me to St. Josemaria Escriva. I never knew a little book called The Forge would be so powerful.

Just one little gem for today that has been very meaningful to me lately. I feel stuck in the middle of a very dry and inspiration-less season, and it has thrown me for a loop. I read these words last night and I clung to them:

"Seek God in the depths of your pure, clean heart; in the depths of your soul when you are faithful to him. And never lose that intimacy.
And if ever you do not know how to speak to him or what to say, or you do not dare to look for Jesus inside yourself, turn to Mary, tota pulchra, all pure and wonderful, and tell her: Our Lady and Mother, the Lord wanted you yourself to look after God and tend him with your own hands. Teach me, teach us, how to treat your Son."


Indeed... Mother, teach me how to talk to Jesus, how to listen to Him, how to love Him. Pray for me, most Holy Mother.

No comments: