Thursday, October 25, 2007

Marked all the most important moments of my life

By Andrea Godone

Hi, I’m an Italian cooperator of Opus Dei since 1982.

I’ve not read The Da Vinci Code and I probably will not read it.

I know Opus Dei very well. It has marked all the most important periods and moments of my life, and I admit that what our Father, St. Josemaria, said is true: "Opus Dei is the better place to live and the better place to die”.

Next week I’ll be on Lake Como, at the Castle of Urio, for my annual retreat and I’ll pray also for Dan Brown: there are better ways to gain money than writing errors and fairy tales.

I want to submit to the readers the latest favour which Saint Josemaria did to me: I work as a business analyst in a merchant bank. And since two years ago I had a boss who hated me due to my Christian faith and to my being a cooperator of Opus Dei. In December 2004 I prayed the prayer card of our Father in order to obtain the favor that my boss would go away.

One week later, my boss told us about his [resignation] in a week or two.

Then came the new boss: a lovable person, who loves me a lot, and whose sons frequent a Faes School of Milan (a school directed by parents whose spiritual formation is directed by the Prelature of Opus Dei).

Now me and my new boss go together to the monthly spiritual retreat for professionals organized by the Prelature in our town.

As you can see, Opus Dei is everything (good) but a secret association.

My best wishes,

Andrea Godone

No comments: