Friday, February 27, 2009

St. Josemaria preached to everybody, not just the Fortune 500 types

By Occupant in Catholic Answers Forum. Occupant is from Camel City, NC, responding to discussions at the Forum.

People in Opus Dei here are nothing but friendly. I have some college experience, due to certain circumstances I can't return yet to finish, and a mediocre job and yet... hold on... they are still friendly to me! In fact when I met them, all they asked was about school and what I did for a living and that was about it. Nothing my aunt doesn't ask me when she flies in from Egypt. I have never had the impression that they only go for the smart types that have money.

St. Josemaria preached to everybody, not just the Fortune 500 types. His examples on life are mostly of Our Lady. She wasn't rich and probably didn't get a college degree!

Granted, I don't go to very many meetings since there is no Opus Dei center in NC, so a priest comes around once every three months to Charlotte, but the actual members that I meet with are nice people who love Christ and who feel called to be saints in the middle of the world. What's wrong with that? I'm sure if something was up with OD then the Church would do something about it.

I suggest reading some of St. Josemaria's books. Very good insights. I know it has helped me greatly.

No comments: