Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ex-member: I received so much

By Alan Robinson. These are comments Alan gave in this blog which deserve to be placed in the main page.

I knew OD for ten years before becoming a member. I was a member for ten years and learnt SO much and received so much. I left believing that I did not have a true vocation. Everything I found in the Work was wonderful, and the priests (especially) and others fantastic. My one criticism is that I don't think they really "interview" and examine potential members enough. I don't think that they really checked me over enough.

[N.B. from Raul: According to Opus Dei officials, there have indeed been mistakes committed which they hope will be less and less as the directors of Opus Dei learn and mature. Thanks again to Alan for his piece.]

No comments: