Tuesday, August 28, 2007

She needs a pair of lungs NOW!

Three favors granted by St. Josemaria

I conquered the temptation with the help of St Josemaría
I am an Acolyte in our little but strong parish. Our Sacristan Major decided to give us formal training and teaching all about being an Acolyte. So, he called a nun who was the one who gave us the seminar. After the seminar, before leaving us, the nun gave us a Prayer Card of St Josemaria. I kept it, thinking that it was nothing important... After several days, there was a great temptation that blocked my way from doing some noble acts. I remembered the Prayer Card, I got it and I prayed. What happened was I conquered the temptation with the help of St. Josemaria.
Glenn, Philippines
July 19, 2007

A lung transplant
I have lived in Stockholm for two years and I work as a physiotherapist with patients who suffer from cystic fibrosis, a disease that affects the lungs. One of my patients had been waiting over a year for a lung transplant. A fortnight ago this patient was hospitalized in a very bad state. On Sunday, when I went to give her treatment, I could see that she was so seriously ill – almost dying – that I felt desperate, and as I left the hospital I said, “St Josemaría, I can’t remember your prayer, but this girl needs a pair of lungs NOW!” On Monday I got a surprise: I’d hardly set foot in the hospital when I heard that my patient had been transferred to Lund in the south of Sweden very early that day, because “by chance” new lungs had been found for her! Everything is now going well.
M. C. R., Sweden
July 5, 2007

Music that brings people closer to God
I am 19 and an organist. On June 24, two days before St Josemaría’s feast-day, I gave a concert of sacred music. During the concert I had the prayer-card of St Josemaría next to my sheets of music. I prayed to him to help me offer those present music that would help them draw closer to God. The concert was a great success. Thank you, St Josemaría.
Jean-François, France
July 4, 2007

Taken from: http://www.josemariaescriva.info/index.php?id_cat=401&id_scat=284

No comments: