Sunday, August 19, 2007

I feel good in this family

By Aurelio from Milan, Italy

Quote: Originally Posted by westcoast
Has anyone here "joined" Opus Dei? How is it? How did you know you should have joined? I'm just looking up stuff on it and find it interesting....


I am a supernumerary faithful of the Prelacy (I hope the English expression is accurate, I am Italian) for more than 20 years.

How is it? Your question is a bit vague, I can say that I know this is my way, chosen by God, to go to Him.

I like this "place", I realized in all these years it's a real family. I feel good in this family, because it's mine, I mean... anywhere God puts us, in time we find it's great, don't we?

I have personally experienced that this is a "spot" where freedom - in what is not Church's doctrine - is deep, and for my rather unconformist character this is priceless.

How did I know I should have joined? I frequented Opus Dei's formation means in my university years, after a few years I was deeply convinced it could be my way and... "they" didn't say me no.

All the best

Aurelio

From: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2578305#post2578305

No comments: