Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I found it helpful in my own life


By a sophomore at University of Notre Dame in It's Jordan Time

The Way. This isn’t really a book designed to be read all the way through – it’s 999 short musings/reflections/thoughts on spirituality and prayer and holiness. So to read it like you would read other books would be overwhelming, to say the least. But there is a lot of content packed into this book. I highly recommend it.

Josemaría Escrivá, the founder of Opus Dei, was an extremely wise man, and he makes some really excellent points in this book.

It’s worth reading; I’ve already found it helpful in my own life and I’ve read very few of the little reflections inside. As the preface to the book says,

Read these counsels slowly.
Pause to meditate on these thoughts.
They are things that I whisper in your ear–
confiding them–
as a friend, as a brother, as a father.

And they are being heard by God.

I won’t tell you anything new.
I will only stir your memory,
so that some thought will arise
and strike you;
and so you will better your life
and set out along ways of prayer
and of love.

And in the end you will be
a more worthy soul.

No comments: