Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Excellent introduction to Opus Dei

By Veronica Singh (Ottawa, Canada) on Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace: My Spiritual Journey in Opus Dei by Scott Hahn

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

I was extremely surprised when I was given this book as a gift. I had no idea that Scott Hahn was a member of "The Work" as OD members call it. As someone who has had many positive experiences with Opus Dei and who has wanted to know more about them for a while, I found this book to be exactly what I was looking for. There is not much of Scott Hahn's own biographical journey here, although it is briefly mentioned in places. It is really an introduction to the spirituality of Opus Dei for the ordinary person. Extremely clear and well written, and inspiring! After reading this book, I have a deeper understanding of the motive, mission and philosophy of Opus Dei (their charism, really) and a more profound respect for their work.

No comments: